Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Maldives Paradise

Maldives is the paradise for divers. The country consists of many small islands at the south of Sri Lanka. Almost each island is a resort by itself and own by the Maldivian.

It was because of work that I was invited by the resort owner to visit their resort in an Island.  The airport was situated in North Male Atoll, near the capital Male. After reaching Male airport, I had to take a small airplane to the resort. The plane was small with only about 10 passengers. Surprisingly the plane could reach quite an altitude and no whobbling what so ever.

From the plane, one could see so many islands that even the local Maldivian could not recognized all of them. I knew this because I saw a Maldivian in the plane holding a book that showed different islands.

Upon arriving at the Jetty, the resort gave a warm welcome with cold towel and drinks at the tropical style wooden hut. A buggy then drove me to the room and I was astonished to see what appeared in front of me.

A row of beautifull two storey wooden chalet was built above the water and facing the Indian ocean. It was usually in TV that I could see this but now it stood in front of me! As I walked pass the wooden walkway toward the room, I could see the crystal clear water underneath. You just couldn't wait to jump into the sea!

The balcony was facing the sea and you could take a nice sun bath at the balcony with privacy. The room was clean and every furniture was nicely decorated. The resort also provided a lot of entertainment and game activities within the island. The food was fresh and cook on the spot.

Well, nice to spend a holiday in Maldives but the price was also awesome. I was told that the room cost was US500 per night!


Small airplane but very stable

Can talk to the pilots!

This is common scene when look out from the plane

Arrival at the jetty

Lovely two storey wooden chalet

The walkway at the back!

Different view

The entrance.

The front balcony is facing the open sea

Crystal clear

Can do sun bathing

Bathtub in front of balcony

Living room

Bedroom is upstair

Shower room!

Sandy white beach

Sunset at jetty

Fresh cook dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment